January 13, 2011

Last Night's Dinner: Lemon Dill Salmon

I have found a new love in fish.

Before, I thought fish was stinky. Maybe it's the way it was prepared, but the only fish I ate ever growing up would be walleye and salmon. Everything else-- pass! I really liked seafood (shrimp, crab, scallops!) but fish - ick!

But now, I'm making it on my own and really enjoying it! It's easy to prepare and quick to cook... and it tastes delicious!


Lemon-Dill Salmon


Ingredients

  • 4-5 Salmon Fillets

  • 1/3 cup melted butter

  • 5 tablespoons lemon juice

  • 1 tablespoon dried dill weed

  • 4-5 thin slices of lemon

  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt

  • ground pepper

Directions

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a baking dish.

2. Place salmon in the baking dish (if it has skin, skin side down)



3. Mix butter, dill, garlic salt and lemon juice in a bowl. Drizzle over salmon. Season with pepper.



4.  Place a lemon slice on each piece of salmon.



5. Bake 20 minutes

6. Remove lemon slice before serving

While it was in the oven baking, I heated up some green beans and cous cous

These Green Giant steam fresh bags have made eating veggies a breeze! I usually keep a couple in the fridge for those nights where I think we're a little too meaty!


So tender yet still a little crisp. I seasoned it with garlic salt and oregano to add some flavor.

Helloboyfriend really wanted to try cous cous. "I want to know why it's so nice they had to name it twice" oh silly.

This brand was really easy to make -- just boil some water and throw the cous cous in and let it sit. By the time the cous cous and beans were done... the salmon was ready to be taken out of the oven.




Everything together made for a great meal (& healthy to boot!). I used olive oil in the cous cous and next time, I think I'm going to try butter - I just kept getting the olive oil flavor. On the other hand, the lemony flavor of the salmon was deeelish.

Ok, well I'm off to figure out what I'm doing tonight. Hbf and I were suppose to be making lasanaga soup, but now he wants to go get Ghost Chili wings. Scccarry! We did it once before and while they were nummy, they were SO HOT! Even the guy who served us said "good luck" and walked away with a smirk! Yikes.

Have you ever had super spicy food? ever tried ghost chili wings?

Cheers,

Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment