- 8oz canned salmon
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 4 celery stalks, finely diced
- 2 small bell peppers, finely diced
- 1 tbsp capers, drained
- ¼ tsp hot sauce
- ½ tsp worcestshire sauce
- 1 ½ tsp old bay seasoning
- 1 ½ cup breadcrumbs, divided
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 eggs, lightly beatened
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt and Pepper
preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Heat a sauté pan to medium-low and melt 1 tbsp of butter and 1 tbsp olive oil together.
- Add onion, celery, bell peppers, capers, hot sauce, worcestsie sauce, old bay, salt and pepper and cook until vegetables are soft. let cool.
- Mix together the salmon, 1 cup of bread crumbs, mayo, mustard and eggs.
- Add the vegetable mixture.
- **If time allows, cover and chill the mixture in the fridge for 30 minutes (i skipped this part)
- Shape into ~10 patties
- Using the other 1/2 cup of breadcrumbs, cover the handmade patties
- Bake patties for 20 mintues, 10 min each side
Joe and I decided that we'd go vegetarian for the whole week. I think he thought it'd be alot harder but it was pretty easy - I made sure to fill our week's menu with delicious veggie meals that weren't just salad (and stocked the fridge with some cheese pizzas for him for lunch)! The other night we made these salmon patties and they were tasty - I'm starting to become a big fan of seafood cakes/patties (tuna, crab, etc..).
This recipe would be a great make ahead - you could do everything and stop at step 5 and chill it overnight and have it ready for lunch/dinner the next day.