- 9 egg whites
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup of diced onion
- 2 jimmy dean turkey sausage patties, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup of spinach, roughly chopped up
- 1/4 cup of shredded cheddar
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a muffin tin (12 muffins) with non-stick spray
- Beat egg whites and milk in a bowl until they are almost double the amount
- Mix together onions, tomatoes, spinach, cheese, salt and pepper in the egg mixture
- In each muffin tin, place a few pieces of diced turkey sausage
- Pour egg mixture into each muffin tin, spread evenly
- Bake for 15 minutes or until eggs are set
- ** Frittatas can be plastic wrapped and frozen. Just let it thaw overnight and nuke it in the microwave for 1 min and enjoy!
I have been on a weird breakfast sandwich kick for the maybe two months (whole wheat english muffins, egg whites, turkey sausage and american cheese). We had a lot of extra eggs this week and I didn't want them to go to waste so I thought I'd try and make some breakfast frittatas for the week. Maybe these frittatas will become my new breakfast obsession.