this is one of those dips that I've had in my back pocket and just hadn't found the right party to bring it to... up until a few weeks ago. we were celebrating a friend's birthday and although we weren't asked to bring food, i had a bag of tortilla chips and knew i had to make this dip. it's got a bit of a kick to it, but i knew these guys could handle the spiciness.
Jalapeno Popper Dip
2 8oz packages of cream cheese, softened
1 cup mayonnaise
6 tablespoons of bacon bits & pieces (i used a whole bag of this)
1 4oz can chopped green chilies, drained
1 4oz can diced jalapeno peppers, drained
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup Mexican blend cheese, shredded
1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 stick of butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Combine cream cheese, mayonnaise, bacon bits, green chilies, jalapeno peppers, garlic and cheese. Stir well. Pour mixture into a baking dish.
2. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes.
3. While dip is baking, mix together topping ingredients.
4. After 20 mins, remove from oven and sprinkle the Panko mixture on top. Bake again for 10 minutes.
5. Serve with tortilla chips, crackers or vegetables.
when the dip is all gone by the end of the night, i think that means dip success!