January 31, 2013

nomnom: parmesan green beans

Here's the thing about green beans -- green beans can be sooo boring sometimes that you forget how awesomely tasty they are. When I'm making dinner, I usually steam them in those microwaveable bags as my goal is to just get some green on the boyfriend's plate. But these parmesan green beans! They are delicious. Not to mention they are easy to prep and then quickly into the oven. Perfect green accompaniment to our grilled cheese and tomato soups last night.



Parmesan Green Beans
1 lb green beans (trimmed)
1/2 cup parmesan cheese, shredded or grated
1/2 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper, to taste

1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
2. Prep a non-stick baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray
3. Arrange green beans on sheet.
4. Sprinkle cheese, garlic powder, salt and pepper evenly over the green beans.
5. Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes.


I honestly think I could have eaten a whole plate of these. I used shredded cheese last night so the cheese formed into these little cheese crisps -- just the perfect crunch! 

No comments:

Post a Comment