Last week I made fish for the first time!!
Parmasan Crusted Tilapia (adapted from this)
- 4-5 fillets tilapia, patted and dried
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Mix parm cheese, paprika, parsley, salt and pepper in a shallow pan
- Spread oil on tilapia and then dredge in parm mixture, both sides
- Place on baking sheet, repeat for all
- Sprinkle rest of the mixture over the fish
- Bake 12 mins
The meal was a hit! It was salty and crunchy and so yummy! I don't think I've ever cooked fish at all so this was a great experiment that turned out great. We paired it with some creamy coleslaw.
Lesson Learned: Next time, I'd use freshly grated Parmesan cheese. I thought I had some fresh parm left but when I got home to start cooking, found out I didn't. Thankfully, I had some pre-grated cheese that did the trick.
I will definitely repeat this meal again. It was a quick less-than 30 minute meal that was tasty.
In other news, I need to find some workout motivation! I've been sitting in gym clothes for 2 hours wishing myself to go! It's getting late (excuse) so I'll just go tomorrow-Saturday. Wow, I'm such an excuse-maker.