January 11, 2011

Lesson Learned - Parm Crusted Tilapia

Look! A new title! I decided on "Lesson Learned" rather than "Meal Fail" because fail is such a negative word. This way, I can post things that came out surprisingly delicious-- like this meal!

Last week I made fish for the first time!!

Parmasan Crusted Tilapia (adapted from this)



Ingredients:

  • 4-5 fillets tilapia, patted and dried

  • 1 cup grated parmesan cheese

  • 1 tablespoon paprika

  • 1 tablespoon dried parsley

  • 1 tablespoon olive oil

  • salt & pepper

Directions:

  1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees

  2. Mix parm cheese, paprika, parsley, salt and pepper in a shallow pan

  3. Spread oil on tilapia and then dredge in parm mixture, both sides

  4. Place on baking sheet, repeat for all

  5. Sprinkle rest of the mixture over the fish

  6. Bake 12 mins


The meal was a hit! It was salty and crunchy and so yummy! I don't think I've ever cooked fish at all so this was a great experiment that turned out great.  We paired it with some creamy coleslaw.

Lesson Learned: Next time, I'd use freshly grated Parmesan cheese. I thought I had some fresh parm left but when I got home to start cooking, found out I didn't. Thankfully, I had some pre-grated cheese that did the trick.

I will definitely repeat this meal again. It was a quick less-than 30 minute meal that was tasty.

In other news, I need to find some workout motivation! I've been sitting in gym clothes for 2 hours wishing myself to go! It's getting late (excuse) so I'll just go tomorrow-Saturday. Wow, I'm such an excuse-maker.

Goodnight!

Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment