February 17, 2011

Lemon-Zested Asparagus



A co-worker of mine delightfully figured out how to make his own asparagus and shared with me his recipe. The best part was listening to him describe the peel of the lemon :) The asparagus itself was delicious. I ended up eating most of it on my own right when it came out because I was starving after work. Bwahaha! I found something for Joe later :)


Lemon-Zested Asparagus


2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons lemon zest
1 teaspoon garlic powder
salt and pepper
batch of asparagus spears

Preheat oven for 450 degrees F

1. Trim the spears
2. Mix olive oil, garlic powder and lemon zest in baking dish.
3. Add asparagus, turn to coat
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper
5. Roast asparagus, turning occasionally for 10-15 minutes.


Enjoy,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment