February 18, 2011

National Drink Wine Day



Did you know that today is National Drink Wine Day? I didn't! So it's even more relevant that I'm going to share a recipe that I tried last week that had wine in it. And yes, I did drink a glass while prepping :)



They say that you should cook with a wine you would drink, and I would definitely drink this Two Buck Chuck!

Seafood Scampi




(adapted from this)

1/4 cup olive oil
1/2 lb peeled and deveined raw shrimp, patted dry
1/2 lb scallops, patted dry
1 small onion, diced
4 garlic cloves, smashed
1/2 teaspoon dried hot red-pepper flakes
1/2 cup dry white wine
1 lemon
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
5 tablespoons unsalted butter
3/4 lb pasta
1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley


1. Cook pasta as directed on packaging. Drain.
2. While pasta is cooking, heat olive oil in skillet over med-high heat. Cook onion, red pepper flakes and garlic until onions are translucent.
3. Saute shrimp and scallops until cooked (2 mins)
4. Transfer shrimp and scallops into a large bowl.
5. Add wine, salt, pepper, butter, and lemon juice. Let simmer for a couple mins. Stir back in shrimp and scallops.
6. Once pasta is drained, toss pasta with seafood mixture and parsley in skillet. Serve.



This dish was a great way to use up the extra seafood I had in my fridge. Pretty easy to make so it was done in about 30 minutes. I had used the Archer Farm's Chili Pepper Spaghetti thinking that it would be a little spicy and I'll be honest, for the extra price... it didn't taste any different than normal, plain spaghetti. Next time, I'll use angel hair.

right now, I'm thinking about...
- making these cookies this weekend: rolo cookies
- the new Katy Perry song 'ET feature Kanye West.' Personally, I wish she picked "TGIF" or "Peacock" for the next single but I'm not the star :D
- why am I am such a sucker for pop music. Sometimes, I girl just wants to d-d-d-dance!
- the weather. It was so nice yesterday (50 degrees!), and right now, its windy and a chilly 30. I just read it's suppose to snow this weekend. Though, I will be excited for this THUNDERSNOW. I've never experienced one :cool: !
- cracking open a bottle of Trader Joe's Almond Champagne. I hear it taste's like dutch letters. Gotta celebrate the holiday, amirite?

Enjoy your weekends,
Natalie

No comments:

Post a Comment