1. I think I am getting better at this whole blogging thing. You think?
2. I have been on an online buying spree today. I just bought myself this coat. & cannot wait to get it!
3. I know its already February BUT in MN that means still a couple months of cold weather. With my luck, we're gonna get a heat wave.
4. I told hbf to block off his Friday night since I am going to take him on a date :smile: I'm actually pretty excited to plan this. I also bought dinner & tickets online (thank you livingsocial!) It's a suprise so shhhh!
5. I'm playing around with the fonts on this blog so sorry for the mess.
6. Like usual, last night's dinner was quick, nummy and easy. And it included my favorite kitchen utensil -- the crock pot!
Balsamic Roast Sandwiches
- 2 lb Round Roast
- Lipton Onion Soup Mix
- 1/3 C Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/2 C Water
- Swiss Cheese
1. Cut the round roast into big chunks and drop it into the crockpot.
2. Cover with onion soup packet.
3. Pour in vinegar and water.
4. Set it low for 8 hours & forget it!
5. When ready to eat, remove roast from crock pot, shred some and put it on a bun. Top with swiss cheese, set some juices on the side for dipping & enjoy!
I ended up spreading the meat out on a pan, putting a slice of cheese over it and sticking it under the broiler. I let the buns toast too.
It came out all melty and delicious!
I had some leftover meat, but no more buns :shock: I'm not sure what I can do with it yet but I gotta come up with something!
Tonight, I gotta hit the gym hard (my knee's been killing me) and stay warm. Maybe tune into some guilty pleasures -- jersey shore anyone?! it's awful but so addicting to watch.
Anyone gearing up for the superbowl already? I'm starting to look at dip recipies and found a couple I'm looking forward to trying. Too bad Joe works :sad: Maybe I'll just have to invite people over so I can play hostess.