January 9, 2013

chicken pot pie soup


My crock pot is likely one of my favorite tools in my kitchen. I barely use it during the summertime, but come fall and winter, it's heating up chili and soup, football apps and breakfast casseroles. For some times now, I've wanted to make pot pie but I knew we wouldn't be able to finish a whole pie on our own. So I opted to make the next best thing -- Chicken Pot Pie Soup! Served them with flaky biscuits and it was a delicious meal. This recipe makes enough for two hearty servings and one bowl for leftovers.

Chicken Pot Pie Soup

2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, diced
2 stalks of celery, diced
1 can of Cream of Chicken soup
1 can of Cream of Mushroom soup
1 cup of water
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
2 cups of frozen mixed veggies

1. In a crock pot, place celery and chicken on the bottom.
2. Sprinkle all the seasonings over the chicken.
3. Pour in the soups and water.
4. Cook on high for 4 hours.
5. Stir in frozen veggies, let cook for another 1.5 hours on low.
Be sure to bake your biscuits while your soup is finishing up!

No comments:

Post a Comment