May 8, 2013

my go-to green smoothie

the last couple weeks, I felt like I wasn't getting enough greens in my diet. This is probably due to the fact that I was throwing out our box of baby spinach from Costco week after week and trying to figure out why we didn't go through it. Cause: not enough lunch toting and salad eating. But what do you do when you are just not in the mood for some leafy greens? 

Throw it in a smoothie, of course. 


Go-To Green Smoothie

Ingredients
2 cups spinach, fresh
2 cups water
1 cup mango, fresh or frozen
1 cup pineapple, fresh or frozen
1 bananas, fresh or frozen
Directions:
1. Blend the water and fresh spinach until it is a liquid. This will make sure you don't drink leafy bits. 
2. Add the remaining fruit in and blend until smooth. 
Tips: You'll want to use one fruit frozen to make the smoothie cold. I typically use a fresh mangos and pineapple and a frozen banana. Usually when I see bananas getting too ripe, I peel, slice and freeze them for smoothies or banana bread. 

No comments:

Post a Comment