August 9, 2013

Basil-Lemon Chicken


Simple marinades are something everyone needs to have in their back pocket. Usually, I never have time to marinade as I don't give myself enough thought the night before but when my mom handed me a bag filled with basil, I knew I needed to come up with something quick and easy for us to enjoy.


Basil-Lemon Chicken 

For the marinade:
  • 1 lb bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
  • 1 large lemon, zested and juice set aside
  • 3 garlic cloves, smashed
  • 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
  • 1/2 cup olive oil
  • 1 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp pepper
In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice and zest, garlic, basil, salt and pepper.

Put chicken into ziplock bag. Pour marinade over and cover all the chicken. Let marinate in the fridge anytime between 2 hours and 12 hours. Longer than 12 hours and the acid has some effect on the chicken.

Prepare the chicken as you wish - we opted to roast the chicken based on time but it would be tasty grilled as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment